How You Can Help
- Simply book your next holiday with Charitable Travel and tell us you want to support Winston’s Wish. The charity will then benefit from the free donation you can make as part of the booking process. To read more about how this works, head to our ‘How We Do Good‘ page.
- If you want to make a donation to Winston’s Wish and you are not booking a holiday, click here to visit their website.
- Visit winstonswish.org to sign up to newsletters, and follow the Winston’s Wish social media pages, and help spread the word.
Every day in the UK, more than 100 children and young people are bereaved of a parent – that’s 41,000 every year. The death of a parent, or sibling, can be one of the most traumatic situations a child will ever have to face. It will feel like an end to the life they have known and it can feel hard to see a way forward.
About Winston's Wish
Winston’s Wish supports children and young people (and their families) after the death of a parent or sibling. Founded in 1992, Winston’s Wish was the first charity to establish childhood bereavement support services in the UK and we continue to lead the way in providing specialist support.
Winston’s Wish provides specialist support via their Freephone National Helpline, online and digital services, ongoing family support and a full range of training and publications. We also continue to be the only national childhood bereavement charity in the UK who focus solely on grieving children and young people. The death of a parent or sibling is a devastating situation for any child, but with the right support at the right time, delivered in the right way, we know these children can go on to lead full and flourishing lives.
• To listen when a child is grieving
• To act when a child needs our help
• To know what to say when it is time to talk .