At Charitable Travel, part of the Fundraising Futures Community Interest Company, we are committed to fulfilling our social purpose and providing world-class travel-for-good. Collecting and safely securing personal data is a key component of providing our services. We have created this document to reassure you that your information is well looked after and so that you can understand how we use the information we collect.
This policy will outline the personal information that we as Charitable Travel will collect, when we collect it, how we use it, how we store it, and why we need to collect it.
The personal data we collect and how it is used
We may collect the following information from you
- Personal details, such as full name, date of birth, address, phone number and email address
- Log in details for your account, such as email address and password
- Travel preferences
- Charitable causes you care about
- Information on how you use and access our websites, i.e. your IP address and what operating system you are using
- Your interests and preferences, i.e. travel, social, and activities
- Passenger information, such as passport number and other ID details
- Passenger information of the people accompanying you on your trip
- Next of kin contact information
- Payment information
- Insurance details and any relevant medical information
- Any special requirements you may have, such as disability requests, dietary or religious needs
- Details of your interactions with our online activities, marketing emails or online advertisements
- Information on the products you have purchased or shortlisted
- If you interact with us on any of our social media channels or via email, phone, or post, we may keep a record of your usernames, email address, phone number, call recordings, or postal address. We also keep a record of all correspondence with us.
We collect this information to:
- Make bookings for the products and services that you want
- Improve our operations, websites, products, and services
- Make your experience with us as personalised as possible
- To interact with you and contact you, either via marketing communications, such as online advertisements, sponsored social media posts, reminder or notification emails, or to invite you to participate in market research or customer satisfaction surveys
Sharing your information with third parties
At certain points during your relationship with us, we may need to share your information with third parties. These third parties include, but are not limited to, the charity or charities you have chosen to support, tour operators, airlines, hotels, car hire companies, travel authorities, marketing partners, etc.
Protecting your personal data
We are committed to keeping your information secure and we have digital infrastructure in place for this purpose. However, to ensure further security, we ask that any password you choose to use with us is difficult to guess and different from passwords that you use elsewhere.
Your data is only kept on digital or paper file until the period of travel or refund has expired. All marketing information, such as email address will only be kept until you unsubscribe, in line with the GDPR regulations.